Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Black Echo



The Black Echo is the first novel in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly. Harry Bosch is a homicide detective in the Hollywood division of the Los Angeles Police Department. He gets a call on a Sunday morning about a dead body on a pipe on the Mulholland Dam. Since he’s on-call, Harry needs to respond to the call which most of the people responding believe to be a a junkie overdosing on heroine. Harry thinks things looks suspicious. After they get the body out of the pipe and bout to put it into the coroner’s van, Harry gets a good look at the face and recognizes the victim as a person that he served with in the Vietnam War twenty years before that. After that, Harry vows to set out to find what actually happened.

This is a good story, but some the reader may be able to predict some of the events well ahead of time. With that said, there are many twists and humorous spots in the story. The book is very enjoyable.

If interested in reading this book, you can purchase it in various formats from the following sites:



World of Sleuths Rating: ****
(Four out of five stars)


4 comments:

  1. Harry Bosch is one of my favorite book sleuths. It's fun to think back to book one, when Bosch was a newly minted detective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments, Barb! This is the first time I've read anything written by Michel Connelly and I decided it was best to start at the beginning and slowly work my way through his books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, this is the only Bosch book I have read too. I thought it was terrific and am bound and determined to get to The Black Ice before too long. I enjoyed your review!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comments, Christine! I checked this one out as an ebook from the library. I think they have The Black Ice in ebook format there also, but that will have to wait until after March since I am currently reading three books and then nex month I will be busy with my reads for March Mystery Madness.

      Delete