Sunday, March 18, 2018

Project PD Mysteries & Thrillers


Beginning today, you will start seeing posts here for Project PD Mysteries & Thrillers. This is a project that I thought of earlier this week in which along with the other books that I am reading, I will always be reading a mystery or thriller that is in the Public Domain in the United States until I've read them all, if possible. That is harder than you may think. I am taking these from genre lists on Project Gutenberg and ManyBooks.net. Many Books shows 1,000 alone and it doesn't have quite as many books as Project Gutenberg and books are constantly being added to Project Gutenberg. Also, I saw something today that the books published in 1923 will go into the Public Domain as of January 1, 2019 which will most likely include many mysteries and thrillers.

There are many mysteries and thrillers that I have read in the past that are in the Public Domain including several Sherlock Holmes Books and one by Agatha Christie. I've decided that any that I've read prior to this month will be reread sometime during this project. I am considering  The Innocence of Father Brown  as the first book I read for this project. I wrote a review for it earlier this month. I am almost done with the next book I'm reading for this project, expecting to complete it today and hoping to get the review written today also. All of the reviews will have the banner that I have above to distinguish them as part of the project. They will also have links where you can download the books from Project Gutenberg and Many Books. I will also include links where you can versions for you Kindle or Nook for free.



No comments:

Post a Comment