Friday, September 8, 2017

Dolores Claiborne




Dolores Claiborne is a psychological thriller written by Stephen King a bout a woman whose husband has a mysterious death during a total eclipse in 1963 and her wealthy employer who is under her care dies almost thirty years later. The setting of this book takes place on a small island just off the Maine coast. This story is her confession.

The format of this book is one that I’ve never seen before. The full book is her confession and in her words. The only dialogue the reader sees in this book is that in her confession or her replies to the questions that the local police ask her. The reader doesn’t see any of those questions, but the way she replies gives the reader a good idea what was asked.

If you are interested in reading this book, it can be purchased in various formats at the following sites:



World of Sleuths Rating: ****
(Four out of five stars)


5 comments:

  1. Great review Tim. Loved the movie!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie. I bought it along with a few other novels by Stephen King back in the spring to try to get into his books. I read Carrie back in 1978 when I was still in high school and liked it, but I usually don't get into horror books much. I read that some of his books are more psychological thrillers than horror, so decided to give him another try.

      Delete
    2. Also, thank you for the comments, Patti!

      Delete
  2. Let's see if this works. Really liked your review, Tim. This is a Stephen King book I haven't read. My favorites by him are Salem's Lot and The Stand. I stopped reading him for awhile because he went down the gory road. I have listened to 11.22.63 as an audiobook lately and it was much better again. Having the whole book made up as her confession does sound strange or rather unique. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! This is the first Stephen King book I've read since reading Carrie back in 1978.

      Delete